Friday, September 14, 2007

As she sees it

The girls and I are being taken to lunch today by the spouse's group while Dave is on his interview. I am a bit nervous about this, not for my own sake, but for the sake of the highly impatient Dillon. Sitting in a restaurant is not one of her favorite activities and often acts accordingly. Therefore, we've had numerous conversations about expected behavior during this lunch.

Yesterday, we were pretending to talk to one another on the phone & I asked her what she'd be doing today. Her response was "I'm going to a fancy lunch where I won't be able to do anything fun."

At least she's mostly dressed her way- a yellow capri outfit, stripey yellow socks (though a different shade of yellow) and multi-colored sparkly shoes with dark brown bows.

It's good that we don't do these kind of lunches often- I'd never manage if I had to put this much energy into her attire everday. I'm more along the philosophy of mostly clean, mostly well- fitting- matching is far down the list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's wonderful that she can dress the way she likes.And I'm sure she looks beautiful.
Brenda