Wednesday, July 21, 2004


Look at my new dress Mimi sent me! Posted by Hello

Yes, I do realize the picture is sideways.  I'm just proud that I figured out how to post it.  I'll figure out how to turn the pictures another time.  This was taken last week.

The big happy event of the last couple of days is that Dillon has 2 new teeth.  They are the teeth on either side of her top 2 front teeth and they are coming in at the same time as the 2 front ones did.  She's over 17 months old- it's about time she got some teeth!

The big not-so-happy event of the last couple of days is that we have to find new child care yet again.   It's been pretty stressful for us trying to figure out what to do.  Really, I just want to stay home with her full-time, but the cost of living is so high here that I really need to continue working the 2 days a week I've been working.  We have a couple of possibilities but nothing has come together yet. 

Back to the happier topic of the cute things that Dillon does.  Yesterday she put one of her teddy bears in a laundry basket, pulled it around for a few minutes, then signed to me that the baby was sleeping.  I was amazed that she was able to put all that together! Today we went to our local science museum where she got to play in their outdoor water display.  It did cool things like bubble and spray and turn on and off randomly.  She had a blast and I had a blast watching her!  She, of course, was soaking wet by the time we left, but who cares-clothes dry. 

She has a couple of new words- "glove" in reference to the gardening gloves that she keeps stealing from me as I am trying to use them.  Her other word is "Music," which sounds remarkably similar to "stick," except that she either claps while she is saying it (the sign she made up for it) or points to the stereo and claps while saying it.  I LOVE the sign language.  My goodness does it make life easier!



No comments: