Wednesday, May 02, 2007

That blessed silence

There are certain red flags Dillon gives when she's in need of a nap. They were all there today, so I decided to take a little drive this afternoon. I got Corryn asleep and even transferred her to the car seat without waking her. I told Dillon we were going to have a quiet drive and listen to some music.

D: Mom, as soon as you tell me it's time to be quiet, I will.
W: It's time to be quiet
D: Already it's time to be quiet?
W: Yes, already
D: OK, I'll be really quiet
W: silence
D: Mom? Why do those clouds up there look like steam?
W: Remember quiet time?
D: Oh yeah, I'm going to be quiet
W: OK good
D: Why'd you say "OK good"?
W: Quiet time Dillon
D: I don't think I can be quiet for very long
W: (thinking REALLY???!!!) Well, let's try.
D: OK, I'll try to be quiet.

And then it happened. She fell asleep. Corryn stayed asleep.

Blessed silence.

Well, except for the so very soothing sounds of Norah Jones. It lasted for 30 whole minutes before Corryn woke up and started to fuss. I stopped, hoping to get to her before she woke Dillon, but no luck.

But it's ok, because it was 30 whole minutes of blessed silence.

1 comment:

veganbaby said...

Nice! Silence is good.