Tuesday, May 22, 2007

On being 4 months old


Dillon asked the other night, "How come her cheeks just keep getting squishier and squishier?" Good ol' momma milk, honey :)

She turned 4 months old on Sunday. I have to admit that I like the 3 month plus stages better than the newborn. Not that I don't like the newborn part, but they are just sturdier and more interactive once they hit 3 months. She's starting to figure out rolling, which she kept doing as I was trying to get this picture yesterday. She's making all these great baby sounds. She's a pretty serious baby & will only give reserved smiles to strangers, though there are huge smiles and occasional laughter for Dave, Dillon and me. She loves watching Dillon. She's finally getting better with getting things to her mouth & doesn't hit herself in the face quite so much.

I think we finally figured out the food issues- cow milk, eggs and tree nuts. Between that and the wheat(actually probably gluten) intolerance I developed while pregnant, I have to be pretty creative about what I eat. But I know that in all likelihood her sensitivties are temporary & eating creatively isn't a bad thing. I've become a pretty good cook by having to work around these sensitivites (as well as the ones Dillon had at this same point). But that's a post for another day.

Happy 4 month birthday my little one!

3 comments:

veganbaby said...

4 months already!!!! Wow! Love those sqishy cheeks.

bonggamom said...

Happy 4th month birthday to your cute little baby! And thanks also for the birthday greeting you left on my blog!

Erin said...

I don't know how I stumbled across your blog, but the last paragraph in this entry about the food really hit home. I have the same exact problem!! My daughter was breastfed while I was on an extremely limited diet for almost 8 months, but now has weaned onto Neocate and is doing really well!!

If you need any help with the food issues, let me know. I've learned a lot about this in the last 8 months!! Good luck :)