Friday, November 05, 2004

Two moons

She's learning her numbers! Wednesday night she was gathering teddy bears to carry around. She picked up two and said "two bears!" I figured it was just lucky guess and didn't think a lot about it. Thursday morning as I was getting ready for work, she brought both of her copies of Goodnight Moon to me and said "Two moons!" That evening she was carrying around 2 containers of diaper cream and kept saying "two! two!" She knows two!

Dave got her some purple snow boots to wear this winter. They have been the hugest hit! She wants to wear them all the time-- with or without clothes. After a diaper change this evening she ran, got them and put them on before I could get a diaper and clothing back on her. I guess it's good they are waterproof, just in case she does pee on them!

She is still talking like crazy- unless, of course, someone in public speaks to her, then she's quiet as a church mouse. In the grocery store on Tuesday, this very nice old man tried so hard to get her to talk to him and she would have no part of it. Once he was out of her sight, she starting chattering up a storm again. Tonight she was saying "call me darlin," in imitation of me singing that line out of that old country song,"you don't have to call me darlin', darlin'..."

Today, we painted (which she only liked a little) and played with playdoh(which she like a lot). We made houses and letters and numbers and hats and balls to name a few. She, fortunately, is smart enough to not eat it once she tastes how salty it is. Satchmo, on the other, hand, not so smart. Twice I had to shoo him away from a chunk of playdoh that had made it to the floor, once while I was on the phone with the dentist's office trying to re-schedule an appointment. Each time he'd already gotten a pretty good bite eaten. The saltiness didn't seem to faze him too much, but he has certainly put away some water tonight! Hopefully we don't wake up tomorrow to find him all swollen up from water retention.

Never a dull moment around here, I tell ya!

No comments: