Tuesday, May 13, 2008

We're gone, we're back

The girls and I made a 10 day trip home to Arkansas. Given the immense number of things that could've gone wrong flying alone with 2 young children, I have to say it went exceptionally smoothly. There were testy moments here and there, plus an always fun dirty diaper change in an airplane bathroom, but overall, no problems to speak of. The day after we got there, there were tornados in the vicinity. The upside of that is that in the process of clearing out an interior closet to get into if needed, I found a huge box of old pictures that I spent the rest of the week going through. It was fun remembering the events in the pictures and hearing the stories of the ones before I was born. Otherwise, I did as little running around as I possibly could. After all the house-prep in the 2 weeks leading up to the trip, I was worn out when I got there and wanted nothing more than to rest. My mom took great care of us.

And speaking of the house- there were 4 showings while we were gone, plus an additional 7 visitors at the open house. Per our excellent agent, one of those visitors to the open house plans to make an offer! They are first time home buyers and are getting their own agent before actually making the offer, but supposedly it's coming. There was also someone that came back for a second showing last night. Dare I dream a second and hope there might be 2 offers on our humble abode?!

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know Mom had a wonderful time with you and the kids there. You will get a GREAT offer on the house.
Brenda