Wednesday, March 21, 2007

2 months old!

Well, yesterday she was. It was a grumpy day for her, so I didn't get a chance to post this. She was only happy if I was moving, making it hard to type anything on the computer.

Anyway, she's 2 months old! She's getting chubbier by the minute :) She's smiling like crazy (well, except yesterday), cooing and making all sorts of cute baby sounds. She looks like she's starting to try to reach for things, but most of the time ends up hitting herself in the head. She loves to watch Dillon and loves to be talked to- and carried around in the sling or front carrier. She'll only sleep if there's a warm body beside her, so the picture was taken in the 5 minutes between being put down and her realizing that the warm body was missing. It's one of those things that can be hard at the time (like when you want to take a shower longer than 5 minutes!) but that's mostly fine. I know I'll look back on it nostagically one day. Yeah for slings is all I can say to that.

We're all still adjusting and sometimes just surviving. Mastitis over the weekend and residency demands are not making the adjustment easier, but it's a joy to have had her join our lives. Dillon is enjoying being a big sister now, making it a frequent theme in her play with her toys.

I know, it all goes fast. I'm trying to remember that and focus on the better parts of life right now. It's hard sometimes, though, I have to say.

1 comment:

veganbaby said...

Beautiful. Simply beautiful. Happy 2 months "Corn-baby" as Desi likes to call her.