Friday, December 15, 2006

The times they are a changin'...

Things feel very topsy-turvey these days. I'm really ready to be done being pregnant- not enough to wish for a premature baby, of course, but just ready for term to be here. I'm uncomfortable and not a lot relieves it- except sitting with my feet up :) And that's just not happening nearly enough. My midwife appointments are now weekly starting this week- I'm almost 35 weeks.

It seems as though Dillon has outgrown naps. That's a harder one for me to deal with, though I have to admit that she really does OK without one. It used to be that she slept horribly at night if she didn't have a nap, but now not so much. She's a little more "fragile" in the evenings, but that can often be attributed to her (inherited from her daddy's) trait of ignoring her hungry belly until she's falling apart. We've been working on that lots and lots lately. She's also gotten a lot better at entertaining herself to give me some work time.

Peaches has taken huge steps in both bravery and stupidity in that when she goes out to pee, she pees, then runs directly into the road. A busy road at that. It's happened twice, making me none too happy either time. I suppose no one clued her into the fact that she shouldn't make her very pregnant owner chase after her in the snow so she doesn't get hit by a car in front of the 3 year old owner. Nor should you spend the rest of the day groveling at having made your owner so angry. It only irritates her more to have you underfoot all day.

Dave is months from finishing anesthesia training. We both marvel at how close after 11 years of pursing this dream. Close, yet far- he's developed serious "short-timer's" syndrome. We've been making some plans for him to work some- as an anesthesiologist- during his ICU training. Just seems unreal- both that it's possible AND the amount of money he can make doing so.

Life's just unsettled right now. Not in bad ways- very exciting way, but sometimes I feel a little like someone at the top of the roller coaster that's headed for an amazing ride- can't wait, but scared to death all the same.

No comments: