Thursday, March 16, 2006

What's going on around here....

I keep trying to get here to post and things keep coming up. So I'll run down the highlights.

A GI bug - last night at 9:00 Dillon said her stomach hurt and she wanted to hold a towel since she felt like she might throw up. Sure enough, a few minutes later, EVERYTHING came up. And came up. And came up. Bless her heart, she was miserable. She threw up a little every hour or so during the night, but nothing like the original occurence. She drank some water this morning, then threw it up. She fell asleep on her bed a little before noon & has now been asleep for about an hour an a half. Poor baby.

Dave's herniated disk- 2 + weeks ago he herniated a disk in his lower back. He's slowly getting better, though sitting for 30 hours working diligently on his final project for his class didn't help it.

Paperwork for the sleep study has arrived. It has to be filled out, then they will call with his appointment. Of course it arrived in the midst of finals and now 3 long days working in the OR. I may have to help him fill it out so he can get this sleep apnea addressed.

I started working for the Muscular Dystrophy Association clinic at the hospital doing case management work. They have several clinics per year that I'll need to go to, but the rest of the work can be done mostly from home. It'll be interesting work & will be a bit of a learning curve not only figuring out resources, but also figuring out how to make this work being at home. Dillon is less than cooperative with playing on her own to give me computer time- or time to make phone calls.

It snowed yesterday. Only about an inch, but that's an inch too much in my opinion. It's March. It's almost my birthday. It isn't supposed to still be this cold- or snowing- this close to my birthday. I am so over winter. The birds are starting to come back & we're starting to hear them singing - or hammering on trees, which does help. It would help more if it were sunny and 8o degrees.

Dave is no longer Dad or Daddy. He's almost always David now. So is every father in every book we read- as in "Why is that boy's David not holding him?"

Dillon's a little perplexed by the fact that her friend Lydia now goes to school 2 days a week like her David does. Lydia's mom will go back to work in July, so Lydia has started easing into daycare, so there's been a couple of times that Lydia's not been somewhere we normally see her. I think Dillon's really going to miss Lydia when she's in daycare full time. I may have to see if I can go pick her up early occasionally so they can play together.

I had to take Dillon with me to teach class last night. All said, she was very well behaved and entertained everyone with summersaults, dancing and handing out pretzels. Everyone was really nice to help entertain her while I answered individual questions after the lecture part was done. When we first got there she asked "What are all those people of different sizes doing?"

Rarely a dull moment around here. I wouldn't mind a few sometimes.

No comments: