Thursday, January 19, 2006

By George...

I think she's got it! We were home all day with the exception of about an hour and a half for gymnastics. She used the toilet several times throughout the day- no accidents whatsoever. Even went diaperless to gymnastics. About half the time I asked her if she needed to go and the other half she told me she needed to go. She even went a couple of times and told me afterward. Very excitedly, I might add. She's as proud of herself as we are of her.

There are still a couple of steps to go before I'd consider her fully potty trained, but hey, we'll get there. Namely, she's got to conquer the fear of falling into the big toilet- even when there's a smaller kiddie insert thing on top. I'm not pushing it. Where we are now only happened when I stopped asking her if she wanted to pee on the toilet all the time. The more I asked, the more resistant she was. Maybe I'm a tad lazy, but I have to admit, I prefer this method of waiting until she can pretty much do it herself, then just being the support staff. I have a couple of friends that have been potty training for months and it just seems tiresome for everyone involved. My opinion, of course. In any case, I think she's well on her way to being potty trained!

No comments: