Tuesday, July 31, 2007

6 months


Again I'm late with the birthday post. Just life right now, I suppose.

6 months old! She is quite "talkative" now, getting so loud sometimes that we have to yell to be heard over her. It annoys Dillon greatly that she has competiton for the talking time now :) She's rolling over quite well, though still likes to roll to her belly then fuss about being there. She is getting better about rolling herself places as well as lifting herself higher up on her arms. She's nowhere near crawling- or really sitting for that matter. When put in a sitting position she lasts for 0.5 seconds before falling to one side.

Still dislikes the car seat but is kind enough to give me about 20 minutes before expressing this full force. Dillon being beside her in the back seat helps, though once Corryn starts crying, Dillon covers both ears and is no help whatsoever. I'll even go so far as to say she makes it worse since she continues to ask questions in spite of the fact she can't hear the answers.

I feel like a whole new world has opened up for me since she's finally old enough to go in the backpack. This makes dinner prep a great deal safer since she was really grabbing at things on the stove. As for solids- she's had a few samples of things here and there but nothing consistent. Mostly she looks at me like I've put poop in her mouth :) She does love to drink water out of a sippy cup- or any other cup for that matter.

Anyway, though I'd post this picture since it's her normal state when she's awake- one or both fingers in her mouth. Doesn't seem to be teething- just has tasty fingers apparently :)

No comments: