Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Yeast

Am I to be plagued by this awful stuff forever? What is it about me that yeast likes so much? It's not like I sit home and eat sugar all day to feed it!

So, yes, Corryn has thrush. We both have to be treated lest we simply pass it back and forth continually like Dillon & I did because we chose the most idiotic group of peditricians when she was born in Michigan. Not that I'm still bitter about that or anything.

I'm trying to be hopeful that this won't turn into the painful, sterilize everthing, 10 weeks of Diflucan ordeal it was the first time around. It seems to be better with only a few treatments, so that makes it easier to be hopeful.

We're planning on going to the Montshire today. Dillon is absolutely stir crazy but won't go anywhere in which I'm not present, so we're all going together. We won't even talk about the drama that ensued with me going to my 2 week postpartum visit with the midwife on Monday. She has this huge fear of me leaving her that I'm not sure how to address, especially when there is something I really need- or even just want- to do without her. Probably Karen's mantra of "This too shall pass" fits well, it's just a matter of making it in the meantime.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

{{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}}}

Hope the yeast will get better soon and hope Dillon will behave more reasonable (yeah right, my kids always acted soooooooooooo reasonable at that age ^^)

Having two little ones just is hard. I found it harder than having seven. Lack of sleep doesn't help either. It's harder to find creative solutions when you are tired.

Karen